Our clients continue to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic by offering smart counsel, innovative technology, global perspective and local services for underserved communities. Here are some recent stories in our series that highlight how clients are responding:
Bhaskar Chakravorti, Dean of Global Business at the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University, has been studying issues related to global health, economic development, and technology for the past decade. His latest research offered clear, actionable advice for business and policy makers looking to mitigate the economic damage of the lockdown. To help him get his ideas in front and center, Greenough secured coverage in several top tier publications including the Washington Post, Reuters, Boston Globe, Bloomberg Radio and U.S. News and World Report. Our agency also worked on an op-ed campaign, ultimately landing recurring pieces in The Hill.
As the pandemic continues, businesses are confronted with numerous and rapidly changing legal and regulatory challenges. From privacy concerns around contact tracing to guidance for businesses with remote workforces, Greenough collaborated with Foley Hoag, one of the largest law firms in Boston, to offer journalists expert advice and commentary, securing coverage in MarketWatch and CBS Boston.
Clinicians face an overflow of information about COVID-19 and struggle to find trustworthy knowledge that is actionable at the point of care and evidence based. Wolters Kluwer, a global provider of trusted clinical technology, is working faster than ever to vet and synthesize new medical literature so clinicians can make the best care decisions. Greenough is supporting the thought leaders at the company who are writing about this critical knowledge gap in healthcare publications like Physicians Practice and Drug Topics.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic’s effect on immigrant families, 13 nonprofit organizations came together to form the Boston Immigrant COVID-19 Collaborative (BICC) with initial funding from the Boston Resiliency Fund. Since BICC formed in April 2020, it has supported more than 20,000 immigrants with direct financial assistance and food assistance. With the success of these efforts, BICC secured more than $1.75 million in additional funding. The 24-page report detailing Phase I of BICC is featured on the City of Boston’s website, Boston.gov.
East Boston Neighborhood Health Center is at the center of the COVID-19 crisis, serving vulnerable patients living in or nearby the hard-hit city of Chelsea, Mass. CEO Manny Lopes is serving an important role as an advocate for this community, sharing his thoughts on racial and socio-economic inequities during recent interviews on MSNBC, the Boston Globe and Boston Herald.
SmartPharm Therapeutics has an unique approach to COVID-19 treatment, using monoclonal antibodies to neutralize the virus and protect people from infection. Unlike traditional approaches, it does not rely on the body’s immune system to mount a defense. Because of COVID-19, SmartPharm is now in the spotlight faster than intended, and together with Greenough it has opportunistically put a stake in the ground, reaching potential partners and investors through stories in BioWorld, Regulatory Focus, Forbes, EndPoints and the Milken Institute.
The pandemic struck as allergy season was getting underway, and many overlapping symptoms created panic among allergy sufferers who feared sneezes and coughs could be a COVID-19 infection. To address this confusion, which tax a suddenly overwhelmed health system, Thermo Fisher Scientific made its U.S. medical director for immunodiagnostics, Dr. Lakiea Wright, available for media. As a respected physician, who also practices at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, her guidance across national media, including CNN and Men’s Health as well as local broadcast news on WCVB, has reassured many seasonal allergy sufferers in recent weeks.
We’re proud to support these great clients as they make a difference in the COVID-19 response.
Clients in the News
- Physician Practice: Retooling for the COVID-19 knowledge shortage
- Drug Topics: Drug Interaction Concerns for Potential COVID-19 Treatments
Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University
- The Hill: We need a national COVID-19 response to prevent another 100K deaths
- Washington Post: 34 days of pandemic: Inside Trump’s desperate attempts to reopen America
- Reuters: Coronavirus pandemic hands Big Tech a chance to burnish its image
- Boston Globe: Coronavirus scams are infecting the Internet, but social-media sites are fighting back
- Bloomberg: Baystate Business: The Future of Work (Radio)
- US News: Pandemic Raises Worries Over Global Trade’s Future
Boston Immigrant COVID-19 Collaborative (BICC)
- Boston.gov: Boston Immigrant COVID-19 Collaboartive (Report)
- CBS Boston: Coronavirus Fears Have Companies Expanding Work From Home Policies
- Market Watch: Why Americans are willing to share their personal information in drug trials but not for coronavirus contact tracing efforts
East Boston Neighborhood Health Center
- Boston Globe – State releases sparse coronavirus race and ethnicity data, making virus’s impact hard to assess
- Boston Herald – Massachusetts community health centers struggle to make ends meet on coronavirus front lines
- BioWorld – The world shuts down as countries fight to ‘flatten the curve’
- Regulatory Focus – COVID-19 vaccine tracker
- Forbes – Coronavirus Business Tracker: How The Private Sector Is Fighting The COVID-19 Pandemic
- EndPoints – Covid-19 Tracker updates vaccine candidates
- Milken Institute – COVID-19 Treatment and Vaccine Tracker
Thermo Fisher Scientific
We'd Love to Connect
If you'd like to have Boston's best brand storytellers help you tell your organization's story in a compelling way that drives business results, please contact us.
One Brook St.
Watertown, MA 02472