Account Supervisor/Director- Technology/Professional Services/Consumer Healthcare/Mission-Based Organizations
Submit your resume and a creative cover letter that will show us why you’d be a great addition to the Greenough team!
Greenough Brand Storytellers is a Boston area based Public Relations and Integrated Marketing firm grounded in a disciplined storytelling approached that optimizes the use of a growing range of communications channels. With the need for holistic brand storytelling across all channels, especially with the significant role of social and digital media that has come to be, Greenough has been leading the way for omni-channel storytelling across diverse and complex industries.
Greenough focuses on quality individuals as well as quality clients – servicing a wide range of industries with a particular focus in healthcare, life sciences, tech, professional services, and mission-based organizations. All of Greenough, from the senior leadership of Ben Godley, Scott Bauman, and Jamie Parker to the Greenough interns, collaborate closely and effectively with each other and with their clients – working to become an extension of their client’s own internal teams.
At Greenough we bring energy, passion and focus to everything we do, from brand storytelling to boot camp. We’re extremely professional, refreshingly informal, kind, and compassionate, goal-oriented, and enthusiastic. We’re smart, intellectually curious, and analytical. During normal times, Greenough employees enjoy complimentary exercise boot camp 2x per week and yoga every other week, Happy Hour, Bagel Fridays, Summer Fridays, regular company outings, free parking, and a week off over the Christmas holiday. To learn more about our company and culture, visit www.greenough.biz
Greenough seeks a talented Account Supervisor and an Account Director (dependent upon skills and years of experience) to join our team of brand journalists and storytellers. The ideal candidate will support Technology/Professional Services/Consumer or Mission-Based Organization clients that include an array of well-known local and nationally recognized companies and organizations. They will also be eager to learn and master brand journalism, Greenough’s unique approach to telling clients’ stories through integrated marketing channels, including earned, owned, and paid media.
The candidate will oversee and execute daily media outreach, content strategy and writing, influencer relations and strategic coordination with Greenough’s integrated marketing team. The candidate must be comfortable pitching a variety of media and have a strong track record for success. Excellent writing and client relations experience are also prerequisites. The Account Supervisor/Account Director will also direct and mentor account executives in Greenough’s entrepreneurial culture where employees are encouraged to rapidly advance as brand storytellers.
- Minimum 3-5 years of agency experience (or the equivalent inside an Organization)
- Prior experience working with Technology/Professional Services/Healthcare Consumer or Mission-based clients (or relevant experience “inside”). Will also entertain Tv or Print Journalist
- B.A./B.S. or higher
- Develop and execute metrics-driven media, marketing and content strategies
- Manage account activity and team members
- Mentor account executives
- Actively engage with client’s PR and marketing teams and subject matter experts
- Actively pitch media (industry, national business, broadcast, local)
- Write and edit compelling content: press releases, bylines, fact sheets, blogs, social posts
- Actively engage with client’s customers and key opinion leaders as well as other Technology/Professional Services/Consumer or Mission-Based influencers
- Monitor metrics to inform strategy and program ROI
- Support new business activity as required
Required Skills & Attributes
- Media relations – direct experience working trade media across industries and mainstream consumer media preferred
- Team management and mentoring
- Writing and copy editing
- Ease with complex concepts/technologies (AI, cloud and data strategies, healthcare diagnostics and clinical challenges, business and personal insurance; legal regulations, etc.)
- Team player focused on alignment of team and individual goals
- Well organized and comfortable working with agency systems
- Compassionate and supportive
- Sense of humor!
- Comp will be highly competitive and based on Skills & Experience of candidates
Greenough is always on the lookout for great talent in the areas of strategy, media, marketing and content. If you excel at helping companies and institutions tell their stories creatively to achieve specific business objectives, are an effective writer and verbal communicator, know how to conduct research and are skilled in social media, we want to hear your story, so please let us know you are interested!