Account Supervisor or Director, Healthcare/Life Sciences
Submit your resume and a creative cover letter that will show us why you’d be a great addition to the Greenough team!
Greenough Brand Storytellers is a Boston area based Public Relations and Integrated Marketing firm grounded in a disciplined storytelling approached that optimizes the use of a growing range of communications channels. With the need for holistic brand storytelling across all channels, especially with the significant role of social and digital media that has come to be, Greenough has been leading the way for omni-channel storytelling across diverse and complex industries.
Greenough focuses on quality individuals as well as quality clients – servicing a wide range of industries with a particular focus in healthcare, life sciences, tech, professional services, and mission-based organizations. All of Greenough, from the senior leadership of Ben Godley, Scott Bauman, and Jamie Parker to the Greenough interns, collaborate closely and effectively with each other and with their clients – working to become an extension of their client’s own internal teams.
At Greenough we bring energy, passion and focus to everything we do, from brand storytelling to boot camp. We’re extremely professional, refreshingly informal, kind, and compassionate, goal-oriented, and enthusiastic. We’re smart, intellectually curious, and analytical. During normal times, Greenough employees enjoy Summer Fridays, regular company outings, free parking, and a week off over the Christmas holiday(always!). To learn more about our company and culture, visit www.greenough.biz
As a key member of a highly collaborative team, this core contributor role provides a tremendous platform for an entrepreneurial public relations professional to help an already successful agency continue to thrive and grow. You will have the opportunity to leverage your experience to own, deepen and broaden existing client relationships within the healthcare and life sciences industries – driving and executing strategic initiatives for core clients of Greenough. You will also have the ability to grow professionally based on your performance in a highly merit-based agency.
Reporting to a Senior Vice President, you will be a key contributor to the team with the need to support and own relationships across healthcare and life sciences clients that run the gamut from health systems and health plans to diagnostics, therapeutics, and medical device companies. You will be charged with building and executing short and long-term strategic communication plans across channels for multiple clients. You will also direct and mentor account executives in Greenough’s entrepreneurial culture where employees are encouraged to rapidly advance as brand storytellers.
- Cultivate and nurture outstanding relationships with existing clients, demonstrating subject matter expertise, and adding strategic value at the account supervisor/director level. Connect with clients on a personal level and ensure client satisfaction on all accounts. Act as the day-to-day client contact to advise, recommend, update and report on communication programs.
- Manage account teams on the execution of integrated strategic communications programs; maintain a standard of excellence and ensure the delivery of quality work from the organization covering a broad range of communications capabilities including media relations and digital/social media, creative content, executive communications, etc. Set account team priorities, deadlines and expectations and manage team to ensure we’re meeting client needs and program goals.
- Work with senior leaders to develop and manage teams to successfully execute metrics-driven media and content strategies including daily media outreach, content development, influencer relations and strategic coordination with Greenough’s integrated marketing team.
- Actively pitch a variety of media and demonstrate a strong track record for success. Engage with top tier media, trade reporters and influencers nationally and locally (industry, national business, broadcast, etc.) and secure coverage. Develop a rich network of media resources to bolster pitching and help create long-term relationships to leverage for clients’ current and future needs. Actively follow the news, draw connections to clients and mobilize teams to react quickly to secure coverage. Oversee pitch development for junior team members.
- Become a subject matter expert on all of your clients. Actively engage with clients’ customers, subject matter experts and key opinion leaders as well as other influencers.
- Write and edit compelling content: press releases, bylines, fact sheets, blogs, social posts. Demonstrate an understanding of your clients’ voice and key messages. Manage all internal, client-facing and media-facing deliverables and deadlines.
- Actively drive and assume ownership for client results. Track account results to ensure program goals are achieved.
- Help manage workflow, training and mentoring of account executives. Intelligently delegate responsibilities appropriately to ensure both short- and long-term deliverables are on time. Provide team members with tools and guidance to succeed in assigned tasks.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the company’s mission, objectives, philosophy, and culture. Lead by example in terms of passion, energy, and results.
- Support new business activity as needed.
Professional and Personal Profile
- Agency/Client-side experience (or relevant experience “inside”) working with clients at all levels in a comms/marketing role in Healthcare/Life Sciences is preferred. Demonstrated strategic and business acumen with an ability to guide clients toward solutions.
- Prior experience working with B2B clients (or relevant experience “inside”). Healthcare/life sciences experience is preferred. Technology experience is also relevant.
- Ability to quickly learn and break down complex concepts/technologies (genomics, clinical challenges, value-based care, etc.).
- Excellent writing, copy-editing and client relations experience.
- Media relations experience – direct experience working with healthcare and life science trades and top-tier business/tech outlets preferred.
- Effective leadership and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients, colleagues, and strategic partners.
- Team management and mentoring experience (account executives or interns).
- Self-motivated/self-starter; entrepreneurial mindset; energized by challenges; driven by results. Has a natural curiosity for life sciences/healthcare.
- Team player focused on alignment of team and individual goals. Roll up your sleeves type attitude: ability to perform at an account supervisor/director level yet also handle day-to-day responsibilities.
- Exceptional organizational/management (up, down, and across) and multi-tasking skills; ability to juggle multiple/competing priorities. Comfortable working with agency systems.
- Eager to adopt Greenough’s brand journalism approach to telling clients’ stories through integrated PR and marketing channels, including earned, owned, and paid media.
- A./B.S. or higher
- Compassionate and supportive
- Sense of humor
- Comp will be highly competitive and based on Skills & Experience of candidates
Greenough is always on the lookout for great talent in the areas of strategy, media, marketing, and content. If you excel at helping companies and institutions tell their stories creatively to achieve specific business objectives, are an effective writer and verbal communicator, know how to conduct research and are skilled in social media, we want to hear your story, so please let us know you are interested!